Monday, July 18, 2011

Is the law that censors "emotionally disturbing" images on the internet unconstitutional?

I logged onto a forum board once and it was being spammed by some trolls. they were posting an image of a man with an inside out anus (no joke) I thought it was extremely gross but laughed too. My mother threw up and was disturbed by it. How does one define "emotionally disturbing"? You could make anything fit into that label. like footage from that one TV show about little girls dating fashion shows, I'm sure a lot of people find that emotionally disturbing. Would about occult themed websites for people into the occult or using it for a band's website. I'm sure those images like an inverted cross and a bloody dead jesus would be "emotionally disturbing" so some, but not most. would about those images they show on some sites that show how crazy Muslims cut the head off of a teenage christian girl? you can find images of that, but even that has it's legitimate uses. what defines "emotionally disturbing" to some, is not to others. I think the law is deeply flawed.

No comments:

Post a Comment